Career in Childcare
If you are looking for jobs in childcare, an exciting challenge, why not consider working with the team at Apples & Pears.
At Apples & Pears, we have a wide range of opportunities for careers in childcare to both challenge and fulfil your working life.
No matter if you have worked in childcare for many years, or are simply looking to start a new chapter in your career, we’d encourage you to look at our vacancies or contact us to see if we have any opportunities for you to come and join the team.
Below you will find the latest vacancies available at Apples & Pears.
Apples & Pears are looking for a caring, qualified nursery practitioner, to join our lovely baby room team.
- Increasing holiday allowance for accrued service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Childcare Discount.
- 40 Hrs per week, flexibly between the hours of Mon-Fri 7.30am -6.30pm
- Wage per hr– Dependent upon experience
- Providing full care of babies, ensuring their physical needs (food & personal hygiene) are met.
- Providing safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing activities through an organised programme.
- To be fully aware of / undertake the promotion of safeguarding the welfare of children.
- Act as Key Person to a small group of babies within your care, undertaking appropriate observation, assessment and planning of next steps and objectives.
- To fit in with the current happy team, all applicants will need to have a genuine love of caring for children.
- A minimum of an NVQ3 / equivalent or higher qualification.
- Apples & Pears are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record Check via the DBS, as well as the usual vetting procedures.
For further details and an Application Form, please contact Sue Evans or Rachel Smith on 01477 500253.
Rated Ofsted “Outstanding”, Apples and Pears Private Day Nursery are looking for a dedicated and flexible Apprentice Nursery Assistant.
The role is full-time (40 hours), working shifts to support the nursery with the care and development of children between the ages of 0-5 years. This is an exciting opportunity for a school or college leaver, or unqualified individual to work as part of a great team.
>To support the room supervisor and nursery management with the daily running of the nursery
>To assist with the full care of children, i.e. ensuring their physical needs (food & personal hygiene) are met.
>Assist with safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities,preparing activities through an organised programme.
>Consistently meeting legislative requirements and delivering outstanding standards.
>Assist with the provision of healthy/ nutritional snacks and meals.
>Assist with daily parent forms, observations and assessments etc.
>A genuine love of caring for children.
>A willingness to gain a NVQ Level 2 &/3 in Childcare
>Experience working as part of a team (preferred)
Apples & Pears are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record Check via the DBS, as well as the usual vetting procedures. It is essential in making your application that you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are spent under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action.